The Regents' Engineering Transfer Program (RETP) was designed for students in the state of Georgia who want to study engineering, but who for various reasons prefer to attend another college before coming to Georgia Tech.
Students in this program attend one of fifteen participating institutions where they take all of the mathematics and science and many of the engineering courses required in the first two years of an engineering program at Georgia Tech. Upon successful completion of these classes, the students transfer to Georgia Tech to complete the requirements for an engineering degree.
Why Participate In RETP?
By enrolling in the RETP, students may attend college close to home, which can decrease the cost of their education and ease the adjustment to college life. Generally, classes at the RETP institutions are small, which permits more individual attention and interaction with professors. At the same time, RETP students enjoy many of the advantages of Tech students: they have equal access to engineering majors at Tech, they can participate in the Co-op program, and they are invited to the Tech campus each spring for campus tours, information sessions, and meetings with advisors in their engineering major.
Below are suggested courses you may elect to enroll for they are required for your Georgia Tech degree and
may also count for your GSC degree:
- Economics (GT ECON 2100, 2105 or 2106 or GSC 2105 or 2106)
- Ethics (GT PST 3105 or GSC ENST 4050)
- History (GT POL 1101, PUBP 3000, or INTA 1200 or GSC POLS 1101)
(To ensure that the above mentioned courses have a direct GT equivalent, check the GT equivalency table by accessing https://oscar.gatech.edu/pls/bprod/wwtraneq.P_TranEq_Ltr).
Gainesville State College Requirements
- ENGR 1101 Introduction to Engineering & Design
- ENGR 2101 Engineering Graphics & Design
- ENGR 2201 Statics
- SCTS 1502 Science & Technology in Society
Completion of the above courses with a cumulative grade-point-average (GPA) and a GPA in math and science classes of:
- 2.7 for Georgia residents
- 3.0 for Non-Georgia and International residents
- Completion of all home school institution requirements.
- Complete the Georgia Tech Transfer Application.
- Pay the application fee online.
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended.
- Completion of the On-line Dual Degree/RETP recommendation form by the GSC RETP Director.
Which Engineering Majors Are Available To RETP Students at Georgia Tech?
Prospective Students Click Here for More Information
Jeff Turk, JTurk@GSC.Edu