Foreign Languages Scholarship & Awards
The Foreign Language department provides some financial assistance for students who wish to study abroad as part of their study of foreign languages and/or foreign cultures. The study abroad program must carry academic credit and be approved by the GSC Study Abroad office. Students must fill out and turn in an application to Garry Merritt in Nesbitt - 4250 by the end of January for programs in May or Summer semester.
The Foreign Language department also provides tutoring scholarships for students who wish to work in the Foreign Language lab as a tutor of a language offered by GSC. Students need to talk to the Coordinator of the Foreign Language Lab, Teresa Pacheco (Nesbitt-4201), and fill out an application. The applications should be turned in to Garry Merritt in Nesbitt - 4250. On the Oconee campus, students should contact Dr. Chris Barnes, Assistant Dean of Arts & Letters.
Foreign Language Awards
- Excellence in German Award: Best student in German classes
- Excellence in Japanese Award: Best student in Japanese classes
- José Martí Achievement Award: Outstanding Spanish student
- Excellence in Spanish Award: Excellence in Spanish, 2nd place
- French Achievement Award: Best student who has taken 2000 level French courses