Want to be a Peer Mentor?
As a Peer Mentor, your main responsibility will be to provide guidance, friendship, and support for new students. Moreover, you will give personal attention, help, information, and encouragement, providing freshman with the essential tools and support needed to succeed in college. You are required to attend all training meetings throughout the academic year. The training promises to be informative, interesting, and hopefully, enjoyable. The training concentrates on personal communication skills and understanding the boundaries of your role as a peer mentor as well as covering some of the information you may need.
- Applicants must be a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident
- Must be at least in Sophomore standing by start of position
- Must have a grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.25
- Must have a willingness to share your personal UNG experiences with incoming students.
If you are interested in becoming a peer mentor, please contact: Christy Morrison Peer Mentor Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
If a mentor wants to be reassigned to another mentee, he/she must adhere to the following process:
- Meet with mentee at least twice in good faith effor (trial period).
- After two meetings if mentor is still not satisfied, he/she should talk with mentee about reassignment and come to a mutual understanding.
- Once mentee is informed, a mentor can email the Program Coordinator, providing a reasonable explanation.
- The Program Coordinator will review the request and notify mentor of the final decision.
Send reassignment requests to Program Coordinator, Christy Morrison