The login screen to access eLearning is available from the main eLearning page. All that is required is your username (924 Number) and your GSC password.
Your 924 Number is Your GSC Student ID
This username identifies you to the GSC campus network and enables you to use a variety of resources and services including your eLearning account. Your official campus email address is based on this username.
By default, your GSC password is the last four digits of your social security number and the two-digit day (not month) of your birthday. (For instance, if you were born on June 2, the two-digit day would be "02".)
You are encouraged to change your password since this is the default password.
Can't Remember Your Password?
If you forget your password, a staff member in the Library, ACTT or Registrar's Office can help you. They will gladly reset your password with your GSC Picture ID.
Changing Your Password
Login to a campus computer, Click start > GSC Menu > General Applications > Change my network password
When choosing a password, there are a few restrictions you should be aware of.
- Passwords are case sensitive
- Passwords must contain at least 5 characters
For more info see the Banner FAQ.
Having Trouble Logging In?
If you are having trouble logging in to an eLearning class, please consult the checklist below to help diagnose the problem.
- Is your username and password valid, and have you typed them both correctly in all lower case letters/numbers?
- eLearning uses your 924 Number and password. If the username/password is not recognized, you may see an error message like, "You have entered an incorrect username or password."
- Double check that you have typed the username and password accurately, and that your CAPS Lock key is not on.
- If you don't know your 924 Number or password, contact the Help Desk.
- Is the eLearning server offline for regularly scheduled maintenance?
eLearning must be taken offline periodically for regular server maintenance and for the installation of system updates. Check the Server Status page for information about scheduled maintenance windows.
- Is there some kind of network problem on campus not related specifically to eLearning?
Check to see if you can successfully access other campus servers, such as Banner or email. If these other sites are unavailable, there may be trouble with the campus network.
- Are you trying to connect from behind a firewall? Are you at work? Check with your IT support staff at your work.
If your computer uses a firewall to restrict certain traffic (many business computers do), you may have trouble accessing some parts of eLearning. eLearning requires the following ports to be open: Ports 80 and 8000 for standard Internet traffic, and Port 2304 for chat & whiteboard.
If you can log in to eLearning (you see the "my eLearning @ GSC" page), but you can't get to your class, check the following:
- Does this class use eLearning?
Your class may not be using eLearning. Some course materials are only offered via Shared Class Files or by a Faculty members own webpage. Check with the instructor of the class to verify that the class is in fact using eLearning.
- Are you enrolled in this class?
If you have verified that the class is using eLearning, but you do not see it in your Course List, then you may not be enrolled in the class. If you have just added the class, you should be automatically enrolled within one to two business days. If you do not wish to wait for the one to two business days to elapse, your instructor can also add you to the class roster manually.
- Has your instructor set a different start date for your class?
By default, eLearning classes become available to students on the first day of the semester. Instructors have the option of choosing a different start date, which might be earlier or later than the first day of the semester. If the semester has not started yet, and you don't see your class in eLearning, it may be because the instructor chose the default start date. Check with your instructor to verify your eLearning class's start date.
- Has the semester enrollment been processed?
Student enrollments take place one (1) business day before classes begin and are updated throughout drop/add. To have students enrolled by 9 a.m., rolls must be processed by 1 p.m. the previous day. So, if a student changes his schedule in Banner after 1:00 p.m. on Monday, his new schedule will not be reflected in eLearning until Wednesday by 9 a.m. His changes will not be picked up until the Tuesday 1 p.m. run. Students are NOT unenrolled automatically from eLearning. Please contact the instructor of the class you need to be removed from or Haley Carter/John Williams to process this request.