D2L Training Resources can be found here
This page will contain up-to-date information pertaining to the move from our current eLearning system, Blackboard VISTA 8, to the new system, Desire2Learn version 9.4.1.
GSC faculty will begin teaching from Desire2Learn Spring 2013 (January 2013). The timeline of events is as follows:
*Timeline has been updated as of 12/13/2012
- August 2012 - ITS (USG technology group) will begin moving current courses/content from eLearning to Desire2Learn. See below for a schedule of course migrations.
- August 2012 - D2L released for faculty development, but NOT FOR TEACHING
- December 10 - Migration of Fall 2012 courses to begin, but will not be complete until late December/early January.
- December 17 - switchover to D2L as the current eLearning to happen.
- December 17-21 - Student enrollments will begin for D2L, but students will not have access to courses until January 7, 2013.
- January 2013 - Teaching to begin from D2L
- February 2013 - eLearning/VISTA/Blackboard discontinued for instructor/fac/staff use
- May 2013 - eLearning/VISTA/Blackboard discontinued for eLearning administrators
Please know that teaching will continue in the current eLearning with courses for Summer 2012 and Fall 2012 semesters.
Course Migration Schedule
Which semester material will be released
Mid August, 2012
Early September, 2012
Late September, 2012
Early October, 2012
Late October, 2012
December 17 (not to be complete until late December/early January)
We are compiling a frequently asked questions section based on your questions and comments. Please use the link below to communicate any concerns, questions or comments.
Please click here to send questions in regards to the migration to D2L.