What the Ombud WILL Do
Independent, Informal, Impartial, Confidential...
The Ombudsman will:
- Listen to you and discuss your problems/concerns, identifying and evaluating with you options to resolve problems.
- Provide information on resources within the University that may help you.
- Open avenues of communication, investigate complaints, and gather information.
- Serve as a neutral party to solve problems and resolve conflict. The ombudsman does not take sides, but works to achieve fair outcomes.
- May offer to arrange a mediation to resolve conflict between two or more people.
- Identify problem areas facing faculty, staff, and students, and recommends to the President changes in college policies and procedures.